Cybersecurity and Risk Advisory Services Consultant
Alliant Cybersecurity is seeking a Cybersecurity and Risk Advisory Services Consultant to be based in Houston, TX to help expand its Cybersecurity and Risk Advisory practice. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Client project execution providing Information Security consultation with a project foundation approach, within recognized frameworks (ISO, NIST, etc.).
- Supporting our clients with meeting their cybersecurity posture improvement and compliance obligations by:
- Evaluating client business Information Security posture, remediation of findings and compliance preparation.
- Providing clear, organized findings and recommendations to clients, whilst tracking progress towards resolution, remediation and compliance.
- Working with clients to implement industry best practices and identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities, supported by industry leading tools.
- Producing detailed, high-quality reports for clients and industry third parties.
- Sharing your knowledge and expertise with clients, towards further improving their Information Security robustness.
- Working with a team oriented project methodology.
- Contributing your thoughts, mastering our tools, sharing industry news, and lessons learned.
- Growing the business by identification of new opportunities through your client engagements or network.
- Being a team player and having the capability and ambition to develop your skills in our fast-paced industry.
- 3+ years Enterprise InfoSec and/or SMB IT Security consulting experience.
- Hands on Information Security specific experiences in at least two of the following domains:
- IT Systems Hardening
- Access Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Incident Management
- Endpoint security
- Cloud Security
- Network security
- Compliance (NY DFS, GDPR, SOx, PCI/PA-DSS / HIPAA, etc.)
- Ability to engage, discover, map and analyze client challenges holistically and to formulate scope and detailed action plans. Problem solving skills are key within this context.
- Ability to work both autonomously as in concerted (client) matrix teams.
- Clear understanding of risk management and demonstrable real-world applicable experience.
- A goal oriented pragmatic attitude, with great attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to learn and develop continuously (and sometimes rapidly.)
- Microsoft Suite skills, including and not limited to pivot tables, charting. (Focus: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.)
- A ‘can-do’ attitude will go a very long way to start with: Solution finding and appreciation for pragmatic risk management.
- Accredited college Bachelor’s degree
- Valid current driver’s license
- Experience with leading security systems, tools and methodologies.
- Friendly, respectful, ethical and inquisitive outgoing personality.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 70% on a monthly basis.
- May require working both traditional and non-traditional hours.
- Primary relevant certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, and/or GSEC.
- Secondary: CCSP, CIPP, CEH, CSXP or similar certifications.