Alliant Cybersecurity is seeking a Network Cybersecurity Assessment Consultant (Pen tester) to be based in Houston, TX to help expand its Cybersecurity and Risk Advisory practice. In this role as a pen tester, you will be part of a dedicated client network security assessment team whose sole purpose is to test and improve the security of our clients’ systems and data, across a wide range of industries. The team utilizes a broad range of tools and is constantly evolving to discover new vulnerabilities and security weaknesses. Your responsibilities will include planning and executing penetration testing under the direction of a member of the management team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Execute internal, external, wireless, and web application vulnerability assessments scans to include passive reconnaissance and dark web intel collection
- Execute internal, external, wireless, and web application pen tests
- Execute social engineering tests, including phising, vishing, and physical
- Run software-in-development security assessment tools and create reports from tools like VeraCode
- Compile and write client reports that include a Plain English Executive Summary
- Assist with presenting and explaining the “so-what” in business terms behind the findings to clients
- At least 2 years of hands on experience performing network and application pen tests meaning hands on experience with running and reporting from network assessment tool suites like NMAP, Nessus, Rapid&, Nexpose, MetaSploit, BurpSuite, Wireshark, Wi-Fi Pineapple, etc.
- Ability to navigate the Kali system from the command line only
- Ability to create, modify, move, and write files and documents from the command line only
- Ability to create and write Bash scripts from the command line
- Ability to image devices and virtual machines with Kali LinuxMaster’s
- Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, management information systems, computer science, or relevant discipline
- Experience and certification as a Network Forensics Examiner
- Current C|EH, OSCP, CNFE, or other related certification or the ability to attain these or similar within 1 year of employment